Troubleshooting: Duplicate Supplier
Problem description: You receive an error message when creating a new supplier or editing an existing supplier.
Could not save changes!
Found matching record in store for: “Name of the new supplier”, usually this means there is already an existing masterdata record with the same VAT/TAX ID, Name or IBAN
How to fix this error:
This error message is a warning that this supplier already exists or that individual values from the new supplier profile already exist in another supplier.
Check if this supplier already exists:
Open the Supplier Overview (Main Menu/Suppliers)
- Search for the name of the new supplier
- Search for the account number of the new supplier (if already known or entered)
- Search for the VAT ID number of the new supplier (if already known or entered)
- Search for the IBAN of the new supplier (if already known or entered)
- Search for the tax number of the new supplier (if already known or entered)
If you have found the supplier with the search and it already exists, you can use it instead of creating a new one.
If only single values are duplicated: Please check the correctness. For example, do both suppliers really have the same IBAN? In the default configuration it is not allowed to create a supplier more than once.
If you want to create a duplicate, please define which values can be used twice (main menu/company/supplier/“Unique fields suppliers”).